After my photo in yesterday's Wordless Wednesday (one of my favourites, by the way) I thought I would write about the things that make me happy.
The thing is, I am a pretty happy person. One with very simple wants and needs. And genuinely simple pleasures. I have never been for huge gifts or overtures (perhaps because I have never really received them) but have always been on the simpler side of life. Plus having an ex-husband who gave me a washing machine hose for my birthday once (when I actually got something) leaves me open for appreciating simple kindnesses.
Here are some of my favourite things:
1. Contagious Giggles
2. Sitting on my porch, drinking some tea looking out at my Magical Garden
3. Painting and/or creating side by side with the Peanut
4. A nice back/hand/foot massage (haven't had one for eons....)
5. Sifting through the Peanut's photographs
7. Reading a good book
8. A connection with another person
9. Sleeping in...
10. A Peanut hug (she truly is the best hugger ever!)
11. A genuine smile.
12. Road trips
13. Chocolate. 'nuff said
What are some of your favourite things?